For too long, the only way many people could access the additional care and support they needed as they grew older was to sell the family home and dip into their equity to pay for it – and the main option provided was in a care home setting.
However, local care provider Westward Care has been offering a luxury alternative to a care home for a number of years at their Roundhay and Headingley locations.
Set within landscaped gardens Southlands and Headingley Hall Retirement Apartments offer beautifully appointed one and two bed apartments available to buy. The apartments are an attractive option for independent older people looking for the added reassurance of care and support available onsite 24/7 if, or when, they might need it and a maintenance free home.
So, what are the benefits of a Westward Care Retirement Apartment?
- Financial Security: By purchasing the apartment you get to retain your assets. Instead of having to move into a care home and paying an all-inclusive weekly fee to cover accommodation and services (some of which you may not want or need) you can live completely independently in your apartment, paying only for the services you use, but with the reassurance that help and support is onsite if you need it.
- Maintenance-free Living: Westward Care Retirement apartments come with maintenance services, taking care of tasks like gardening, exterior upkeep, and other chores. This allows you to enjoy a more relaxed lifestyle without the stress of home maintenance.
- Security and Safety: Onsite staff 24/7 means that if you need any help someone can be at your front door within minutes. This can provide a greater sense of safety and peace of mind.
- Community and Social Opportunities: The apartments benefit from a range of relaxed communal spaces used for catching up for a coffee, social activities and making new friends in your retirement years.
- Rightsizing and Simplifying: As you age, you might prefer a smaller, more manageable living space. Westward Care retirement apartments offer one-level living arrangements, making it easier to navigate and maintain. All of their apartments have been designed with accessibility in mind with features like ramps, wider doorways, and grab bars. This ensures that your living space is suitable for any potential mobility challenges.
Ultimately, the decision to buy a retirement apartment depends on your personal preferences, lifestyle, and future plans. It’s a choice that considers not just where you want to live, but how you want to live in your later years. It provides the perfect ‘no worries’ option in later life.
You can find out all about Westward Care’s retirement apartments and wider care and support options (residential care, dementia care and short stay/respite) at www.westwardcare.co.uk.
Moving in offer - £2,000 cashback
Interested in finding out more?
£2,000 Cashback on purchases completing by 31st March 2024.
Book your personal tour of either location – Southlands Retirement Apartments in Roundhay or Headingley Hall (Shire Oak Road) by contacting Catherine Reuben on 07834 804 186
or by email: [email protected]
Don’t forget to quote ‘THAT LEEDS MAG’ when you enquire to benefit from this offer if you decide to make the move!