140 Not Out
St Chad’s Broomfield CC are the only amateur cricket club in Headingley, Leeds – with over 140 years of history and 20 senior and junior teams, playing both at the weekend and midweek.
Their pre-season training has already begun at the Yorkshire Indoor Cricket Centre in Headingley. ALL attended by qualified coaches and ALL free to members!
The Club are looking for new players of all standards and ages for the following teams:
- 4 Saturday and 1 Sunday senior league teams (champions in 2010, 2015 and 2020)
- 3 midweek evening senior league teams (champions in 2014, 2015 and 2020)
- A new women’s league team playing both hard ball and soft ball cricket
- A new senior friendly team playing at the weekend and midweek
- 7 junior teams at various age groups starting from 5 years old
- A new girls’ team playing in soft ball cricket festivals
…..And if you want to play all year round you can play for one of their two indoor league teams (champions in 2020) in the winter! No other cricket club in the area can provide cricket for such a wide variety of standards and ages, all year round.
Not only do they have consistent on field success (30 trophies in the last 20 seasons) but they also have a social scene that is second to none. What more would you want from a cricket club? What about a visit to their nets by England and Yorkshire players Gary Ballance and Jonny Bairstow or hosting the first outdoor game of the year in January! Yes, really!
The Club also has plans in place to build a new pavilion later this year which will not only provide modern facilities for their members, but also the wider community.
Businesses who may be interested in helping them with the completion of their new pavilion are more than welcome to get in touch.
As well as new players, they are also looking for new volunteers. Plus, there’s a variety of sponsorship opportunities available to showcase your business.